Car Seats for Travel
Traveling with baby doesn’t have to be a hassle! On this page you’ll find helpful car seat travel tips to make the best use of your CYBEX car seat, whether traveling by ride share or on your next flight. Traveling with a car seat provides the necessary restraint to keep your baby safe and secure throughout the ride, whether in stop-and-go traffic or during a turbulent patch on a flight. Read the following car seat travel tips to ensure safe travels and a smooth transition from car seat to stroller once you reach your destination.
- Everyone should be buckled in their own seat and properly restrained on every ride.
- While a base may make installation and daily use of your infant carrier easier, the carrier can usually be installed without the base if needed. Installing the carrier alone with the seat belt may be an easier option for frequent travel or public transportation use.
- Bring along a stroller that pairs with your infant car seat for easy travel when you reach your destination.
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recommends that you secure your child for air travel in an appropriate child restraint based on your child’s weight and size.
- Turbulence can happen with little or no warning. When turbulence occurs, the safest place for your child is in an appropriately installed child restraint, not in an adult’s lap or on the aircraft seat with a seat belt.
- Contact your airline in advance of your travel:
- to determine if there are any reduced rate child fares for children under two
- to ensure your child restraint will fit on their aircraft.
- Know where to find information on whether your child restraint can be used on an aircraft. This
information can be found:
- In product instructions
- On a label on the product.