Car Seat Safety Tips
Every car seat comes with a postage-paid product registration card in the box. It is important that you take a few minutes to complete this card and place it in the mail. Or – visit our website to complete this information. These details allow us to contact you in the unlikely event of a product recall.
All CYBEX car seats have an expiration. The useful life period is indicated in a label on the product and noted in the product instructions. The timeframe ranges from six years to ten years depending on the type and function of the car seat. Safety standards change over time as restraint technology develops. Expiration dates help ensure that you are not using a car seat that may be secondhand, has been in a crash or has missing or damaged parts; plus, an expiration date provides a gentle reminder that it is time to buy a new seat with the latest technology and safety features.
Cleaning Car Seats
Car seats should always be cleaned according to the instructions provided with the car seat. In general, the soft goods components of CYBEX car seats may be removed and machine washed separately in cold water on delicate cycle with mild detergent. This includes the seat cover, body and head inserts, shoulder pads and buckle pads (if available). These items must drip dry. You can also spot clean these items, as well as the harness straps, using a clean cloth with mild detergent and water.
CYBEX Video Appointments
Our team wants to make sure you are confident with your car seat installation. We offer free, live video installation appointments with one of our certified child passenger safety technicians on staff. Sign up for a 30-minute appointment to double-check your car seat installation or for assistance with a new installation.Sign Up
- Secure all loose objects in the vehicle to prevent items from moving in the event of a crash, causing further injuries.
- Buckle children in car seats, booster seats, or seat belts on every trip, no matter how short.
- Parents and caregivers should set a good example by always wearing a seat belt themselves.
- Car seats are designed to be used for transporting children safely in a vehicle. They should not be used outside the vehicle unless approved by your manufacturer for use as an infant carrier or with a stroller.
- To prevent falls, car seats should not be placed on elevated surfaces like counter tops, couches, chairs, tables, on top of shopping carts, etc.
- Never leave a child alone in the car for any amount of time.